Welcome to Qualifications in Wales (QiW)
The QiW database is owned and managed by Qualifications Wales, the regulator of non-degree qualifications and the qualifications system in Wales.
QiW contains details of all qualifications that are approved or designated for teaching in Wales for learners aged under 19, excluding higher education.
Any qualifications that are approved or designated by Qualifications Wales will be eligible for funding by a Local Authority or by Welsh Government. This funding is for the education provider, not the learner.
Information held in QiW includes:
- qualification titles;
- qualification numbers;
- the Awarding Body that awards each qualification;
- qualification start and end dates;
- links to further qualification information;
Welsh Government information including:
- whether it counts as a choice for 14-19 Learning Pathways;
- performance measures information;
QiW will enable you to:
- search for and view qualification records;
- save your searches;
- compare qualification information;
- export qualification data;
- save qualification data;
- print off qualification data;
Qualifications Wales Approval/Designation Number
QiW is an independent system that is not reliant on RITS/The Register. All qualifications in QiW will be allocated a unique identification code known as a Qualifications Wales Approval/Designation Number. Centres should use this number when making curriculum choices.
Please note: Qualifications that are ONLY available in Wales will ONLY have a QW Approval/Designation number.